Uniform & Dress Code
Dress for Success
Dress Code for Grades 1-12:
All shirts, pants, and skirt must be purchased from the authorized school uniform vendors with one exception. See note below ...
Click here for Kindergarten Handbook:
There is only one exception; Uniform pants may be purchased from any store. However, please note the following guidelines:
Pants must be khaki or navy blue in color. Color must be approved by Mrs. Mary Hage.
No cargo pants. Color and style must match the pants coming from the approved uniform stores.
Once you purchase the pants, save your receipt and bring the pants into Mrs. Mary Hage for approval.
If approved, a school emblem will be put on the pants at a minimal cost to the parent.
- All pants must be purchased through the approved uniform store or according to guidelines above.
- (MR Embroidery, www.mr-embroidery.com, 770-439-9369, Mary Hage)
- Uniform Source, www.uniform-source.com, 770-919-9967)
GIRLS DRESS CODE
- Skirt and jumper colors are navy blue, khaki or plaid. Skirts and jumpers are to be worn to the knees.
- Khaki or navy blue pants. (No jeans)
- First through third grade only may wear Khaki or navy blue shorts or skorts.
- Privacy shorts may be worn under jumper and skirt - recommended for privacy. (optional)
- Knit shirts are red, white and navy blue with school crest. Shirts must be tucked in at all times while students are on campus.
- Chapel day, girls must wear a navy blue, khaki or plaid jumper or skirt.
- First through sixth grade only. White oxford style shirts or Peter Pan style shirts may be worn with jumpers only on chapel day.
- Girls may have pierced ears of a modest style. Make up should appear natural. Girls may not wear black or dark color finger nail polish or lipstick.
- Socks, hose and tights are to be solid white, red, or navy blue. Hose may be of a flesh color.
BOYS DRESS CODE
- Khaki or navy blue pants. Belts must be worn fourth through twelfth grade. Black, brown, or blue. No spike belts.
- First through third grade only may wear Navy Blue or Khaki shorts.
- Knit shirts are red, white, and navy blue with school crest. Shirts must be tucked in at all times while students are on campus.
- Light blue or white oxford style shirts with tie must be worn on Chapel day.
- Boys may not wear earrings or fingernail polish. Only small rope chain necklaces will be allowed.
BOYS HAIR CODE
- Parents are asked to insure that their children dress in compliance with the school's dress/hair code. Our administration is responsible to interpret and enforce these policies.
- Hair shall be NEAT and well groomed of a conservative style. (Note: Determinations as to what is considered "Neat and well groomed of a conservative style" will be left to the judgement of the school administration).
- When hair is combed straight down:
- Hair must be out of the eyes.
- Hair must be off the collar.
- Hair must be no longer than to the middle of the ear.
- No radical hairstyles or cuts are permitted. Haircuts which are unusually shaved or spiked are not allowed. No bushy hair styles, braids, or tails are allowed. No unnatural two tone dying of the hair is permitted. No unnatural hair colors are allowed. No beards or mustaches are permitted. Facial hair must be clean shaven each day. Sideburns are allowed to the middle of the ear.
Failure to comply withthese standards will result in the student being issued a demerit, and sent home to correct the dress code violation if it is not correctable immediately. The parent may be called to correct it immediately to prevent the student from missing class. At any rate, the child will not be allowed to return to class unless the dress code violation has been resolved with the administration.
GENERAL DRESS CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
- All hair must be of modest, neat style. Natural highlights are acceptable. No unnatural two tone dying of hair is permitted. No unnatural hair colors are allowed.
- Hats and bandannas are not allowed.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn inside.
- Blazers, sweaters, and vests must be solid red, navy blue, white or khaki. No other color dress coordinates will be accepted. To make sure you have the correct red, navy blue, or white just look at the colors of the American flag. School emblem sweatshirts and Praise Academy athletic sweatshirts may be worn in the classroom. Sweaters and jackets may not be worn around the waist. Over coats and jackets must be removed upon entry of the classroom. Coat and jackets must be neat and conservative, no radical styles allowed.
- No body piercing with the exception of girls ears which must be of a modest style.
- No soccer sandals (flip flops) may be worn.
- No tattoos allowed.
- Boys and Girls pants CANNOT be cut off or slit up the seams at the bottom of the pant legs. The pants must be hemmed and neat.
- Pants are required to fit properly no oversized pants, no baggy pants. Pants must be worn at the proper place on the waist. Standard black, brown, or dark blue belts for boys grade 4-12. No spike belts allowed.
- PE shirts and shorts will be purchased from the school for 7th - 12th grade. There will be a minimal cost for the set.
- Tennis shoes must be worn in the gym.
- Occasionally Praise Academy does offer casual days. A notice will be sent home to notify parents and students of these days. Students may wear modest blue jeans and modest casual shirts. (Christian T-Shirts will be allowed.) Casual Days will be no more than once per month unless approved by the School Board. Seniors may have other special days, which will be determined by the school administration.
- Failure to comply with these standards will result in the student being issued a demerit, and sent home to correct the dress code violation if it is not correctable immediately. The parent may be called to correct it immediately to prevent the student from missing class. At any rate, the child will not be allowed to return to class unless the dress code violatiion has been resolved with the administration.